Haman Is Hanged
7 The king then got up in his anger from [d]drinking wine and went into the palace garden; but Haman stayed to beg for his life from Queen Esther, for he saw that harm had been determined against him by the king. 8 Now when the king returned from the palace garden into the [e]place where they had been drinking wine, Haman was falling on the couch where Esther was. Then the king said, “Will he even assault the queen with me in the house?” As the word went out of the king’s mouth, they covered Haman’s face. 9 Then Harbonah, one of the eunuchs who stood before the king, said, “Indeed, behold, the wooden gallows standing at Haman’s house [f]fifty cubits high, which Haman made for Mordecai who spoke good in behalf of the king!” And the king said, “Hang him on it.” 10 So they hanged Haman on the wooden gallows which he had prepared for Mordecai, and the king’s anger subsided.
- Esther 7:2 Lit at the banquet of wine
- Esther 7:5 Lit said and said to
- Esther 7:5 Lit whose heart has filled him
- Esther 7:7 Lit the banquet of wine
- Esther 7:8 Lit house of the banquet of wine
- Esther 7:9 About 75 ft. or 23 m