7 Actually, then, it is already a defeat for you, that you have lawsuits with one another. Why not rather suffer the wrong? Why not rather be defrauded? 8 On the contrary, you yourselves do wrong and defraud. And this to your brothers and sisters!
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [g]homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor those habitually drunk, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and [h]in the Spirit of our God.
The Body Is the Lord’s
12 All things are permitted for me, but not all things are of benefit. All things are permitted for me, but I will not be mastered by anything. 13 Food is for the stomach and the stomach is for food, however God will do away with both [i]of them. But the body is not for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord is for the body. 14 Now God has not only raised the Lord, but will also raise us up through His power. 15 Do you not know that your bodies are parts of Christ? Shall I then take away the parts of Christ and make them parts of a prostitute? [j]Far from it! 16 Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, “The two shall become one flesh.” 17 But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him. 18 Flee sexual immorality. Every other sin that a person commits is outside the body, but the [k]sexually immoral person sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is a [l]temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from [m]God, and that you are not your own? 20 For you have been bought for a price: therefore glorify God in your body.
- 1 Corinthians 6:1 Lit matter
- 1 Corinthians 6:1 Lit the other
- 1 Corinthians 6:1 Lit holy ones; i.e., God’s people
- 1 Corinthians 6:2 See note 2 v 1
- 1 Corinthians 6:2 I.e., to try trivial cases
- 1 Corinthians 6:4 Or appoint them...church!
- 1 Corinthians 6:9 Two Gr words in the text, prob. submissive and dominant male homosexuals
- 1 Corinthians 6:11 Or by
- 1 Corinthians 6:13 Lit this and these
- 1 Corinthians 6:15 Lit May it never happen!
- 1 Corinthians 6:18 Or one who practices sexual immorality
- 1 Corinthians 6:19 Or sanctuary
- 1 Corinthians 6:19 Or God? And you...own